JL Audio C1-690
2-Way Component System: 6 x 9-inch (150 x 230 mm) Woofer, 1.0-inch (25 mm) Aluminum Dome Tweeter
C1 speakers deliver real substance and great audio performance in a format designed for easy fit behind factory grilles. To facilitate fit, spacer/adaptor rings are included allowing the C1-690 woofers to be installed in bottom-mount applications. Surface and flush mounts are included with C1 tweeters for maximum installation versatility.
C1 woofer drivers benefit from proprietary FEA modeling and JL Audio’s expertise in low-frequency driver design. This knowledge is used to create speakers that can play loudly, while maintaining a smooth, dynamic, low distortion sound. At the core of the C1-690 is a proprietary, stamped, steel 6 x 9-inch (150 x 230 mm) oval frame and a DMA-optimized motor system. A mineral-filled, injection-molded polypropylene cone is suspended with a rubber surround on the front, and a carefully engineered flat Conex® spider at the top of the voice coil, to precisely control motion and prevent impact between the voice coil and the back plate. Tinsel leads are carefully routed and attached to the spider to prevent fatigue and buzzing. These are the same kinds of features and materials normally found on much more expensive loudspeakers.
Equipped with a true, edge-driven, 1-inch aluminum dome tweeter, the C1-690 stands further apart from others in its category with superior high-frequency clarity and definition. The tweeter’s design has inherently excellent off-axis response and high-frequency extension. It also benefits from the damping of a silk surround suspension and Ferrofluid in the voice coil gap, along with the superior strength of a neodymium magnet circuit. An in-line, outboard 2nd order high-pass filter, with Advanced Tweeter Protection Circuitry, is included to further enhance smoothness and improve power handling.
Sold as a pair. Grilles not included.
|Continuous Power Handling (RMS)||60 W|
|Peak Music Power||225 W|
|Recommended Amplifier Power (RMS)||10 – 100 W / Ch.|
|System Efficiency||89.0 dB @ 1 W / 1 m|
|System Nominal Impedance||4 Ω|
|System Frequency Response||63 Hz – 22 KHz ± 3 dB|
Woofer Physical Specifications
|Frame Outer Diameter* (A)||6.38 x 9.33 in / 162 x 237 mm|
|Grille Tray Outer Diameter (B)||N/A|
|Motor Outer Diameter (C)||3.54 in / 90 mm|
|Frontal Coaxial Tweeter Protrusion (D)||N/A|
|Frontal Grille Protrusion (E)||N/A|
|Mounting Hole Diameter (F)||N/A|
|Mounting Depth (G)||2.75 in / 70 mm|
Tweeter Physical Specifications
|Flush Mount Fixture Diameter (A1)||1.97 in / 50 mm|
|Surface Mount Fixture Diameter (A2)||2.01 in / 51 mm|
|Flush Mount Mounting Hole Diameter (B)||1.75 in / 54 mm|
|Flush Mount Mounting Depth (C)||0.40 in / 10 mm|
|Flush Mount Tweeter Frontal Protrusion (D1)||0.32 in / 8 mm|
|Surface Mount Tweeter Frontal Protrusion (D2)||0.87 in / 22 mm|
Crossover Physical Specifications
|Depth (D)||1.34 in / 34 mm|
|Height (H)||0.90 in / 23 mm|
|Width (W)||1.96 in / 50 mm|
- Weight: 8.0000 lbs
- Size: 6x9 Inch
- Type: Component
- UPC: 699440990462
- RMS Wattage Per Speaker: 56 to 75 watts
- Bundle: No
- Feature 1: Component systems include in-line, outboard 2nd order high-pass filters, with Advanced Tweeter Protection Circuitry. Surface and flush mount fixtures are also standard with C1 component tweeters.
- Feature 2: Benefitting from our expertise in building world-class subwoofer drivers, the woofers in C1 components and coaxials are engineered to get loud, while maintaining smooth, dynamic, low distortion sound.
- Feature 3: Each C1 woofer driver utilizes a purpose-built frame design, equipped with a DMA-optimized motor system, and mineral-filled, injection-molded, polypropylene cones.
- Feature 4: A rubber surround with advanced rear suspension designs and integrated lead wires ensure precise voice coil control for improved sound quality and enhanced reliability.
- Condition: NEW
- Manufacturer SKU: 99046
- __shipping: Free 2-Day Shipping!