JL Audio C1-690tx
Coaxial 3-Way Speaker System: 6 x 9-inch (150 x 230 mm) Woofer, 1.0-inch (25 mm) Aluminum Dome Tweeter, 0.75-inch (19 mm) Aluminum Dome Super Tweeter
C1 speakers deliver real substance and great audio performance in a format designed for easy fit behind factory grilles. To facilitate fit, spacer/adaptor rings are included allowing the C1-690tx to be installed in bottom-mount applications.
C1 woofer drivers benefit from proprietary FEA modeling and JL Audio’s expertise in low-frequency driver design. This knowledge is used to create speakers that can play loudly, while maintaining a smooth, dynamic, low distortion sound. At the core of the C1-690tx is a proprietary, stamped, steel 6 x 9-inch (150 x 230 mm) oval frame and a DMA-optimized motor system. A mineral-filled, injection-molded polypropylene cone is suspended with a rubber surround on the front, and a carefully engineered flat Conex® spider at the top of the voice coil, to precisely control motion and prevent impact between the voice coil and the back plate. Tinsel leads are carefully routed and attached to the spider to prevent fatigue and buzzing. These are the same kinds of features and materials normally found on much more expensive loudspeakers.
Equipped with dual true, edge-driven, aluminum dome tweeters, the C1-690tx stands apart from others in its category with superior high-frequency clarity and separation. The design of each tweeter delivers inherently excellent off-axis response and high-frequency extension. Both high-frequency drivers also benefit from the damping of silk surround suspensions and Ferrofluid in the voice coil gaps, along with the superior strength of neodymium magnetics. A true, mixed order filter network is employed to further enhance smoothness and improve power handling.
Sold as a pair. Grilles not included.
|Continuous Power Handling (RMS)||60 W|
|Peak Music Power||225 W|
|Recommended Amplifier Power (RMS)||10 – 100 W / Ch.|
|System Efficiency||90.5 dB @ 1 W / 1 m|
|System Nominal Impedance||4 Ω|
|System Frequency Response||36 Hz – 24 KHz ± 3 dB|
|Frame Outer Diameter* (A)||6.38 x 9.33 in / 162 x 237 mm|
|Grille Tray Outer Diameter (B)||N/A|
|Motor Outer Diameter (C)||3.94 in / 100 mm|
|Frontal Coaxial Tweeter Protrusion** (D)||0.72 in / 18 mm|
|Frontal Grille Protrusion (E)||N/A|
|Mounting Hole Diameter (F)||N/A|
|Mounting Depth (G)||3.09 in / 79 mm|
- Weight: 1.0000 lbs
- Size: 6x9 Inch
- Type: Coaxial
- UPC: 699440990479
- RMS Wattage Per Speaker: 56 to 75 watts
- Bundle: No
- Feature 1: Coaxial models are equipped with true, 2nd order high-pass filters on-board, for smooth, accurate treble reproduction and low distortion.
- Feature 2: Benefitting from our expertise in building world-class subwoofer drivers, the woofers in C1 components and coaxials are engineered to get loud, while maintaining smooth, dynamic, low distortion sound.
- Feature 3: Each C1 woofer driver utilizes a purpose-built frame design, equipped with a DMA-optimized motor system, and mineral-filled, injection-molded, polypropylene cones.
- Feature 4: A rubber surround with advanced rear suspension designs and integrated lead wires ensure precise voice coil control for improved sound quality and enhanced reliability.
- Condition: NEW
- Manufacturer SKU: 99047
- __shipping: This item qualifies for free 3-Day Shipping